Tuesday 7 June 2011

Mark Spain

Mark Spain is one of my most inspiring modern artist I know, I love how he catchers the feelings and the beauty of the women he paints, there are three different paintings all don by Mark Spain and I think that they all look gorgeous, I really admire his work.
The first painting that’s called (life study lll) do no a silkscreen is interesting to look at because of the way he has proportioned her body beautifully and how he has don the skin so detailed almost like a photograph and then put a black out line around her body, I think his don this to make it stand out more from the background that is a similar colour to her skin and then has almost underlined her bottom with the table, this doesn’t just catch your attention to in but also makes your eyes wonder around the painting witch makes it interesting to look at.                  
This is what Mark Spain said about this painting “The idea of a nude series was to create paintings with plenty of mood and feeling, using a limited palette of ochre and terracotta colours. These were painted in watercolour and so for me proved challenging in acquiring movement within the application of paints” the silkscreen is sized at 23¾" x 14½".
The second painting that’s called (Pure Elegance) I think looks amazing its fall of passion, movement and rich bright colours, agene on this panting he uses a similar background to the woman’s boy but this time because the women is waring a weight creamy dress and her skin and the colour of her skin is dark the background is a mixture of them witch gives at a nice contrast, I really like how he has used the paint in a way that on this canvas with a back board shows the texture of it and I think the texture shows more freedom and excitement that’s in this painting, I also love the lay out and how he has positioned her in the panting, the way he has made everything around her messy even the bottom of her dress and then put her figure not necessarily in the middle completely perfectly detailed.
This is what Mark Spain said about this painting “I wanted to create an image with plenty of movement and energy throughout this piece. I felt that a white dress against a gold background would keep the image fresh, and I've turned the figure away to create a little bit of mystery. As I endeavour to create movement within a picture, this image is one that I am particularly proud of” this canvas on board is sized a 30 x 30.
This third painting is a resent new one but I think it mite be one of the best of his work, this is called (longing for you) I love this painting because it really shows the feeling of the young woman dreaming or day dreaming of her lover, yearning for them to be with her in that moment, to see her and touch her, just longing for that affection and they lay out for this is grate, the contrast with the cartons behind her and the sheet that she covering there body up with really pulls your attention to the woman all to giver I think that this painting is beautiful with its bright colours and a hint on unknown in the dark background, I find it really eye catching and interesting to look at, the artist made no comment on this painting.



No comments:

Post a Comment